These are some of the questions that will be answered in Build Academy’s new course Real Estate Finance And Investment Drivers, Strategies And Valuation. The course is the first one in a series of eight, developed together with Harvard Graduate School of Design.
Other questions that will be addressed throughout the course are:
- What are the drivers of investment for real estate?
- Which patterns determine urban growth?
- What approaches are there to real estate valuation?
- How can you project in which areas a city is going to grow?
This course sets the stage for the Real Estate Finance and Investment Program. It presents the overview for making professional real estate investment and development decisions. We present the fundamental drivers of real estate investment, and discuss the patterns of urban growth and how they influence long term investment returns. Real estate is a long term investment that is subject to major swings in the market. We discuss how to play the market cycle in order to determine the best time to invest and the best time to sell. We discuss investment criteria – how to evaluate a real estate investment opportunity to determine whether it meets your personal financial objectives or those of your investors. Using the Brookside Square property in Boston as a case example, we present the fundamentals of real estate financial analysis including the five stages of analysis and the development timeline. We then present the fundamentals of real estate appraisal and the different methods for determining real estate value.
- Understanding the multitude of factors involving location, urban growth, demographic trends, and market cycles that ultimately determine the success or failure of a real estate investment;
- Understanding how primary physical, financial, and operational characteristics of prospective acquisitions affect real estate value;
- Understanding the alternative strategies for investing in real estate depending on the risk profile, cash availability, credit availability and objectives of you and your investors;
- Providing a framework for real estate appraisal and how to determine the value of acquisitions and development projects.
Right now you can sign up for the first course for free. And if you are interested in receiving a course certificate for these courses, we highly recommend you to sign up for our subscription model for individuals or enterprises.